Presentation of work
If using a PowerPoint presentation, please note you need to bring it on a USB Memory stick and load it on one of the computers in the Congress hall at least 1 hour before the start of the session. Please note that the computers in the session halls are being supplied with Office 2016 (if presentations are made with Office 2007, there may be technical problems, in which case we advise lecturers to use their laptop).
If combining video films with PowerPoint, please make sure to check it in the session hall where your lecture is taking place during a coffee or lunch break prior to your session, at least 30 minutes before the start of the session. All types of codecs are installed on laptops to support all formats, but movies must be in the folder where the presentation is located (if the movie is not packed in the folder, it will not be able to run during the presentation).
Alternatively, you may supply your own laptop. In such a case, please confirm that it has a VGA socket for external signal and come to check it first in the Congress hall as soon as you arrive, and later on in the session hall where your lecture is taking place during the coffee or lunch break prior to your session, at least 30 minutes before the start of the session. Note: Using an Apple Mac is not recommended because it cannot connect to a projector.
Preparing Your Slides
You may use the template that we provided (Download template).
In order to ensure optimal delivery of your presentation, please comply with the following guidelines in the preparation of your presentation:
- Your presentation must be prepared in PowerPoint
- Preferred page set-up is landscape orientation (portrait orientation will not be displayed correctly). The PowerPoint presentation ratio is 16:9 standard screen
- Use standard Windows fonts only (such as Arial, Times New Roman, Verdana etc.)
- Images: make sure that inserted images have a minimum resolution of 300dpi.
Time frame for presentation
- Plenary sessions up to 30 minutes
- Oral presentation up to 15 minutes
- Poster presentation up to 10 minutes
English is the official language of the conference, so all presentations must be prepared in English. A 10-minute discussion is scheduled for the end of the session.
- The authors of the poster presentation are expected to exhibit their works for a maximum of 10 minutes.
- The size of the poster should be 91cm wide and 122cm high.
- Font size: 32pt for titles, 24pt for text
- Text to be up to 800 words
- Font: Times New Roman